Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Top-end Rebuild, Part 11

Well, I ran into my first snag on this job.

I originally ordered gaskets, waited 14 days for their delivery, picking them up on Saturday. I got home, opened up the gasket package, damn, no base gaskets.

I returned to the dealership the next day, Sunday, talked to the parts manager that I had to rustle up from the back of his office, he originally told me that they would be closed tomorrow, Monday, and that he would re-order the parts on Tuesday, again having to wait the 14 days to be shipped and received.

I objected, he reconsidered his options, said he would order the parts from his home on his day off (Monday) and have them delivered on Tuesday by 3:00P.M.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but will keep my fingers crossed!

No comments: