Monday, November 23, 2009

Top-end Rebuild, Part 10

I got up this morning and had a great breakfast that my wife made, after which I made my way down to the Harley shop to pick up some of the parts that were on back order.
Taking into account that the bike is 13 model years old, (some people would say it's a classic) I ordered some silicone spark plug wires to replace the original ones.
These are the new pistons that I ordered.
Note the designation to the orientation that is stamped on the top of the pistons.
F= front cylinder, R= rear cylinder, arrows need to be installed pointing to the front of the engine.
I will get these down to the machinist on Monday so they can be fitted to the cylinders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "slugs" look a little different. What's the black stuff all about?
Buzz

Lumpy said...

"Piston skirts feature a unique black coating for improved wear resistance, better fit and reduced noise."
This is a quote from Harley!
oooohhhh...It's magic!