Monday, November 9, 2009

Top-end Rebuild, Part 1

Well, I think I'm going to get this project started.
This is a stand that I made several years ago.
I have about $20.00 invested in remnant steel to build the stand.
I'm using tie downs just in case we get the big one (earthquake)here in California.
The jack was $10.00 at Harbor Freight.
I painted the garage floor three years ago after several years of contemplating
what the best product was for the floor. I was hesitant with everything that
was suggested. This two part water based epoxy is the best!
Rocker box started leaking after 60,000 miles.
Just made everything a mess!
I took several short rides after it started leaking, made a mess of everything.
Mist of oil got on frame, bags, and the rider!
I'm approaching this job at a very slow pace, going to do a lot of deep
cleaning while I have it apart.
More pictures to come later...


No comments: