Saturday, February 21, 2009

Inaugural Baseball Game, California State University Bakersfield

California State University Bakersfield opened in September 1970 as the 19th member of the 23-campus California State University system.

CSUB Athletics has been a source of continuing pride for the university and community. CSUB's 17 sports programs have won 30 national championships. In 1998 CSUB won the Sears Cup as the best NCAA Division II program in the nation. In June, 2006, it was announced that the university was moving its athletics program to NCAA Division I. This will be the schools inaugural season for baseball.

The first pitch was Friday the 20th of February.

I attended and took a few pictures for posterity.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leonard, Did you happen to remember that today was Micheal's birthday? I thought about it a couple times and then never made the call. Shame on me.
We took a ride to Exeter and Three Rivers and had lunch. Then we came back and got to the movie theatre in time to go see Slum dog Millionaire. It was really good. Not at all what I expected. Looks like you had a good day. Good pictures. Those pitchers look like their arms are made of jello. love ya. sis

Anonymous said...

kma - i love you. sis

Unknown said...

Leonard check out Gary Hart photography what an awesome job he has

Lorie

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby Brother, It is time for a new post. Even if it just says KMA. I have been checking more often and I still see baseball. Do something on St Pattys day. I know - a recipe for corned beef and cabbage. mmmmmm I wish Terry ate that stuff. It is always too much for just me. Oh well, Love you.