Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Day 4

Can you say MONKEY BUTT!!!
Man, after four days in the saddle that is what I have.
One of the best things that I have on this trip is my I-pod, the only other thing I wished I had was a cruise control, see what happens is when a song comes on let say like Tony Bennett, you end up going 55mph, getting run off the road by a 18 wheeler doing 80mph.
Then, you have a song come on, let say by TED NUGENT...
Well, you get the idea.
Tennessee has the most beautiful road rest areas.
In 1956 Albert Gore Sr. signed into law some law that supported these rest areas.
Another rest stop.
One thing that I have relized on this trip is that California is very ugly!
Another rest area.
There are many in the state, and let me tell you I took full advantage of them!Tennesee RiverDay five will take me on the first 200 miles of the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, from Asheland N.C. to Roanoke, Virginia

Day 4 total miles 592 or there abouts...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Leonard for changing that picture. You are so much better looking. How did we ever survive without an iPod? Your speed o meter is a testiment to what music can do for our soul. California is not ugly!! You just need to get out of the SJV more often. Love ya lots, sis

Anonymous said...

Lumpster,
Man, that's some beautiful country! When you see states other than California you understand just how un-green it is...save for the mountains and the coast but the rest is mostly desert.

I agree with Sis though...you just gotta get out more. That goes for all of us!

The pics are great. Be safe! Buzz

me said...

Tony Bennet???

Hey - no more picture-taking while you're riding! Eyes on the road!