Friday, February 12, 2010

DMV - Excuse for a ride...

I needed to take care of some paper work at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Since it was 62 degrees I decided to ride.

The hill's are turning green. Looking east toward the lower Sierra mountains.

As the map shows, the route I took around the county took me through a lot of orange orchards, grape vineyards and farm land.


Is there any other?

The hills are green now, but wait for a couple of months and they will be brown and ugly.

The road up though the hills.

Is there any other, really?

This shot is looking over the San Joaquin Valley in the direction of Arvin and Lamont

And some of the farm land. As usual always hazy.

There is a saying in the valley, "where the water flows the food grows" Water is very critical in the valley and it seems like the farmers are always having to fight for water. Seems like the Delta Smelt is more important than human life.
This is the way water was pumped in years gone by.
This is the way water is pumped today.

Eighty miles later, I got my DMV taken care of including a great ride

1 comment:

Biker Buzz said...

Why didn't you call? I was bored out of my gourd!!