Sunday, April 5, 2009

Radio Control Jets

This past week-end I went to Buttonwillow , California to watch some radio controlled jets. You can go to their web site (www.ca-jets.com) to read all about them. They were really cool to watch. I went out both Saturday and Sunday and took over 1000 pictures, here are about 40 or so. Click on the pictures to enlarge them and see better details.



Notice the after burners of this jet. Click on picture to see.










The details of the workmanship was amazing. Click on picture for better details.



















There was a pretty good crowd on Saturday, I would guesstamate around 2000 or so...Sundays crowd was very bleak, but there were plenty of planes still flying.

Here is a picture of one of the power plants.

The pilot of the above plane stood it on end and held it vertical for several minutes. That must take some good dexterity.


This A-10 Wart Hog was my favorite

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of airplane pictures. sounds like you had a good time. I was in LL for my 35th class reunion. I saw San Juan hill and decided that it is still just as steep as it was when we were kids. I had a shiver thinking about you falling off your bike. Love you bro.

Anonymous said...

Good pics, Lumpster! Those guys are amazing. Buzz